Tuesday, November 17, 2015

2,387 memories

When I was younger I used to get so annoyed whenever my Grammy would take photos of me at different events. It was always such a hassle back then. Now that I am a senior in high school I have looked back at those photos and learned to appreciate them.
Every once in a while I will scroll through my camera roll on my phone or look at my iPhoto on my computer and my mind will travel back in time to those moments that were captured. When I am out with my friends we love to take photos. My guy friends always make fun of us and say we take too many photos (especially Tyler Maruyama lol) but I don't think you can ever have enough photos. One of the things that makes me happiest in life is remembering memories. When I look at all of my old photos my mind time travels and I begin to remember all of the details about that day or night when the photo was taken. Sometimes I will see a photo from forever ago and think to my self, "Omg I totally forgot about this." You could say I don't mind forgetting memories, because when I finally remember them the feelings of excitement comes back and it's like I'm living that moment all over again.
Currently I have 2,297 photos and 90 videos on my phone. That is 2,387 memories that I can look back on whenever I want. If I didn't have all of these photos and videos I definitely would not remember some of the moments that shaped my life. Now that I am a senior, I've collected a lot of photos and videos throughout my high school years. When I look at photos that were taken when I was a freshman I realize how much my life has changed since then. I look different and the things I used to do are different. Even though change really scares me, I like to see the transition that I have made throughout high school and these photos I have can help me remember them.
I always love when my friends send old photos to me and we laugh because of our horrible outfits or our braces. But those memories are what keeps us connected. I don't care how annoyed people get when I ask them to take a photo, or when people comment on the amount of photos I take because 10 years from now, even 6 months from now I am going to be grateful that I can look back and remember all of these moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment