Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Reflect on a moment (or event, or person, or...?) in your life that has played a significant role in shaping who you are today?

MASON

Summer going into my junior year I watched my friend Mason pass away. I had never experience death before. No one in my extended family had ever passed away so the concept of death was brand new to me. I literally did not know what to do. Mason and I were so close he was like my brother, and the thought of him gone did not make sense to me. That summer was really hard on everybody. The only good thing that came out of it is that my friend group, boys and girls, became insanely close. We all spent almost every waking minute together because we needed each other to feel whole again. When we would be together people would always reflect on memories they had with him or say they wish they had more. The death of Mason has taught me that I need to make more good memories. I know that life can end in any second and I don’t want to regret not creating memories with that person. Everyone who knew Mason knew that he was always ready for a good time no matter the circumstances. I now try to live my life like he did. On the weekends and at school I try to be the nicest I can to the people around me. I strive to create memories with all of my friends that we can look back on and be so thankful we did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment